REVEEL Endoscopic Retraction
Rethinking retraction: a strong, gentle and secure single use retractor shaped for an unobstructed view.
The REVEEL Endoscopic Retractor offers superior exposure of the operating site and is optimised for large, fatty livers. The harp shape and rigid structure enables the liver to be well mobilised and prevent slipping. There is no need for additional trocars as REVEEL's profiled tip facilitates easy, low-force insertion.
It's patented retraction surface features active traction - a composite material that holds the liver to stop sliding - providing strong and truly gentle retraction.
- Superior exposure of the operating site
- Profiled tip facilitates easy, low-force insertion
- Strong and gentle retraction
- 5mm diameter now available
- Single use
To receive a product information pack please click hereCLINICAL STUDIES:
1. Chiu P, Leung B, Sy S, Chan C, Wong S, Poon C (2013) The Safety and Efficacy of a New Liver Retractor for the Performance of Laparoscopic Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery – A Preclinical Evaluation Study. Dept. of Surgery, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, SAGES Scientific Session, April 20132. Kinjo Y, Okabe H, Obama K et al (2011) Elevation of Liver Function Tests After Laparoscopic Gastrectomy Using a Nathanson Liver Retractor. World J Surg 35:2730-27383. Tamhankar AP, Kelty CJ, Jacob G et al (2011) Retraction-Related Liver Lobe Necrosis After Laparoscopic Gastric Surgery. JSLS 15:117-1214. Lohlun JC, Guirguis A, Wise L (2004) Elevated Liver Enzymes Following Open Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass for Morbid Obesity – Does Timing of Liver Retraction affect the Rise in the levels of Transaminases? Obes Surg 14:505-5085. Orr, K. E. and Williams, M. P. (2014) MDCT of retractor-related hepatic injury following laparoscopic surgery: Appearance, incidence, and follow-up. Clinical Radiology 69: 606-610